Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
The third pandemic wave that might hit Slovakia in the autumn should be milder, the Health Ministry predicts.
“The ministry plans to combine PCR testing with antigen testing, which will depend on the present epidemiological situation,” said Zuzana Eliášová, the ministry’s spokesperson, as quoted by the TASR newswire.Read more
At the same time, hygienists will search for hotspots by analysing wastewater.
The ministry also expects vaccination to help the population, as it will protect people from deaths and moderate the course of the disease in case they are infected. More than 1.2 million people have received at least the first vaccine shot as of May 9, while more than 586,000 have also received the second shot.
Read more about the coronavirus developments in Slovakia:
- Measures valid in Slovakia as of May 10
- Statistics of the positive coronavirus cases
- Border regime as of April 19, 2021: Self-isolation and testing remain a condition
- Do I have the new coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- I encountered a person who is COVID-19 positive. What do I do next? (FAQ)
- When will I get my COVID vaccine? FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia
10. May 2021 at 18:07 | Compiled by Spectator staff