The popular tourist destination, Slovenský Raj (Slovak Paradise), will have a new cycling path. The path's construction will start in July, after 15 years of preparations.
Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
The path will connect the village of Smižany (in the northern part of the national park) with Spišské Tomášovce, Letanovce, Hrabušice and Podlesok, the SITA newswire reported.
The construction will cost more than €1.5 million, said Hrabušice Mayor Jana Skokanová. The path will be financed from the Integrated Regional Operation Programme and funds from the Transport Ministry.
“We are glad that after 15 years the construction of this cycling route is coming to life,” said Skokanová, as quoted by SITA.
The "Ukrajina" roadRead more
The cycling trail will be situated on the current field road, called Ukrajina (Ukraine).
The work on the 7.1-kilometre-long path should last six months, carried out in separate phases. The first cyclists can possibly start using the cycling trail next year.
As for future plans, they want to extend the cycling trail to Poprad and then to the High Tatras, Skokanová told SITA.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
3. Jul 2021 at 9:15 | Compiled by Spectator staff