To stabilise the situation in hospitals and slow down the spread of the coronavirus in Slovakia, the cabinet adopted changes to its alert system, known as the Covid automat.
The new rules come into force on Monday, November 22, and will bring several restrictions, particularly for those unvaccinated against Covid. The only rules that will come into force later are related to entering the workplace. For now, it is not clear when they will become effective.
For now, the limitations will be in place for three weeks, i.e. until mid-December. The cabinet should then reassess their effect. If the situation improves, a new system with more benefits for the vaccinated may be introduced.
The Slovak Spectator looked at some selected rules that will come into force next week. Since most districts will be in the dark red or black tier, and only the five districts of Bratislava and the district of Dunajská Streda in the red tier, we are focusing only on the rules in these three tiers.
In the story below, we answer the following questions:
- I’m not vaccinated. What do I need to do to enter my workplace?
- Can I still travel between districts if the Covid automat says this is not possible in the black tier?
- I had Covid in March 2021. Am I considered a recovered person?
- Can I go shopping if I’m unvaccinated against Covid?
- Can I go to the hairdresser’s if I’m unvaccinated?
- Can I eat in a restaurant?
- Can I stay in a hotel when travelling to districts in the dark-red and black tiers?
- Can I attend a mass event if I’m unvaccinated?
- Can I go to church for a mass if I’m unvaccinated?
- Is it possible to attend a wedding/funeral/christening?
- Can I organise a family party?
- Will the schools close in districts in the red, dark-red or black tiers?
- My child is 15 years old and unvaccinated against Covid. Can he/she enter the shopping mall?
- My child is younger than 12 years and cannot get vaccinated yet. Can he/she enter the shopping mall, go to the cinema or attend a mass event?
- My toddler is younger than 2. Can I bring him/her to the shops or to mass events with me?
- Can I go skiing to districts in the red, dark-red or black tiers?
- Can I go to a fitness centre if I’m unvaccinated?
- Can sports competitions continue in the red, dark-red or black tiers?
Work and movement