Several Covid-related documents and certificates have been issued in Slovakia.
Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
To distinguish between them, the National Health Information Centre (NCZI) has prepared an easy guide.
- a nine-figure code containing numbers, letters and dashes;
- every person receives it after registering for testing or vaccination through the Korona.gov.sk website or a private lab;
- the code is sent in a text message and/or an email.
EU Digital Covid Pass (or EU green pass)
- a document generated from one's vaccination records or proof of recovery from Covid following a request submitted via Korona.gov.sk;
- also in the form of a QR code;
- it is used as proof of vaccination, recovery or testing (for the OTP regime).
- the document proving recovery can be generated only based on a positive PCR test result, not antigen test;
- the document is generated only after the end of self-isolation, i.e. after app. 12 days;
- the document can be requested through the Korona.gov.sk website or can be found in the mobile app of health insurers.
- a Slovak government-provided mobile app where EU Digital Covid Certificates can be downloaded.
- an online form used for the registration of people coming to Slovakia from abroad.
- it is necessary to carefully check all information submitted through the form. If the data is wrong, the information can be corrected only by contacting the respective regional health authority (RÚVZ);
- if one does not have a Slovak birth number, they can choose another identifier. People should not submit various identifiers for various registrations because then two Covid-19 passes will be generated;
- if one does not receive a text message or email after submitting the form, it means something has gone wrong.
Read more about coronavirus developments in Slovakia:
- Measures valid in Slovakia as of November 25
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during Covid-19
- Statistics of the positive coronavirus cases
- Do I have the new coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- I encountered a person who is COVID-19 positive. What do I do next? (FAQ)
- FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia