The vaccine against Covid is now available for children aged five to 11 in Slovakia. Registration has been launched at korona.gov.sk through the regular form for the first dose.
Our paywall policy
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
Children will be vaccinated with the Comirnaty vaccine by Pfizer and BioNTech; the child’s dose is one-third of the adult dose. The child's legal guardian or authorised adult must be present when the child gets vaccinated.
Until now, the vaccination of children aged five to 11 was reserved for children who could potentially suffer a serious case of the disease based on a doctor's recommendation. Hundreds of such children have been vaccinated in Slovakia.
As of December 22, registration for the vaccination of children between five and 11 is possible without a doctor’s recommendation.
Same registration form
Vaccination will be ongoing in the chosen vaccination centres in each region. In the future, it should be widened to paediatrician offices.
Registration is available at https://vakcinacia.nczisk.sk/registracia. The place and date of the vaccination will be sent to the parent via text message and e-mail as usual. The first children of this age category will likely receive a jab at the beginning of 2022.
The Health Ministry adds that a booster dose of the Covid vaccine is meant for people older than 18. Children will not be administered a booster dose.
Where children 5 to 11 will be vaccinated
(LCVC is a large-capacity vaccination centre)
- LCVC Košice
- Children Faculty Hospital Košice
- LCVC Prešov
- LCVC Poprad
- LCVC Humenné
- LCVC Bratislava National Football Stadium
- LCVC Trnava
- LCVC Dunajská Streda
- LCVC Skalica
- Dolnooravská Hospital Dolný Kubín
- Hornooravská Hospital Trstená
- University Hospital Martin
- Faculty Hospital Trenčín
- Hospital with outpatient’s clinic Prievidza with seat in Bojnice
- Hospital with outpatient’s clinic Považská Bystrica
- Hospital with outpatient’s clinic Myjava
- Nemocnica na okraji mesta, Partizánske
- Faculty Hospital with outpatient’s clinic Nové Zámky
- LCVC Nitra
Banská Bystrica Region
- LCVC Banská Bystrica
- LCVC Zvolen
Source: Health Ministry
More on vaccination in Slovakia:
- FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia
- Vaccination of foreigners living in Slovakia
- EU citizens who live in Slovakia need to register their S1 form to be eligible for Covid vaccination