The conflict in eastern Ukraine can indirectly impact people who live near Slovakia's borders with Ukraine and travel to Ukraine or Russia.
Moreover, if the conflict further escalates, prices of petrol may go up or refugees from Ukraine could start coming to Slovakia. In that case, the situation would impact every inhabitant of Slovakia.
The Sme daily prepared several questions and answers about possible problems that could impact people in Slovakia in connection with the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
In the story, we answer these questions:
- What is the situation at the Slovak-Ukrainian border?
- Can we expect a stricter regime at this border and nearby areas?
- Is it possible to travel to Ukraine and Russia? Is it safe?
- Can Ukrainians and Russians come to Slovakia using a tourist visa?
- Are refugee camps being built in Slovakia? If yes, where?
- Is the army on the border with Ukraine being strengthened?
- Can we expect an ally army of NATO to arrive in Slovakia in the near future?
- Can supplies of gas and oil from Russia worsen as a result of the Ukrainian conflict?
- Is it possible that prices of petrol will go up as a consequence of the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?