8. April 2021 at 11:39

Financial injection for gastronomy and tourism to be increased

Conditions remain the same as during the previous call.

Illustrative stock photo Illustrative stock photo (source: TASR)
Font size: A - | A +

The state will allocate another €120 million as financial assistance for tourism and gastronomy, which have been hit by the Covid pandemic the most.

Originally, €100 million was allocated last year to help the sectors, but this proved to be far less than businesses needed, said Transport Minister Andrej Doležal.

SkryťTurn off ads
SkryťTurn off ads
Article continues after video advertisement
SkryťTurn off ads
Article continues after video advertisement

“As the facilities remained closed during the second wave, the originally allocated funds were not sufficient,” he told the press on April 7.

Conditions remain the same

This means that the state will contribute altogether €200 million to businesses within two calls. The first one, for the period between April and October 2020, has already been launched.

The rest of this article is premium content at Spectator.sk
Subscribe now for full access

I already have subscription -  Sign in

Subscription provides you with:

  • Immediate access to all locked articles (premium content) on Spectator.sk

  • Special weekly news summary + an audio recording with a weekly news summary to listen to at your convenience (received on a weekly basis directly to your e-mail)

  • PDF version of the latest issue of our newspaper, The Slovak Spectator, emailed directly to you

  • Access to all premium content on Sme.sk and Korzar.sk

SkryťClose ad