The summer is nearly over, the children are back in school and yet, September remains a month that allows people to enjoy the last warm days before the autumn arrives.
Here is the list of the most attractive events taking place this September:
- FESTIVAL:Salamander Days, September 6-7, Banská Štiavnica
- POTTERY FESTIVAL: Clay Celebration, September 6-7, Modra
- TRADITIONAL FAIR:Radvaň Fair, September 6-8, Banská Bystrica
- CONCERT:Evanescence, September 7, Trnava
- CHILDREN: Big Festival of Mascots, September 8, Košice
- FILM FESTIVAL: Cinematik, September 10-15, Piešťany
- ICE-HOCKEY:Slovan Bratislava vs HC Košice, September 12, Košice
- WINE: vintage festivals, September 13-15 & 27-29, cities: Bratislava-Rača, Modra, and Pezinok
- TOUR:Bike Tour with an Architect, September 14, Trnava
- CONCERT:Carnival Youth, September 19-20, Košice and Bratislava
Salamander used to be a solemn parade across Banská Štiavnica back in the day but when the mining and forestry academy was moved to Hungary, the annual parades began to decline. In 1993, the event was re-established and became one of the greatest events held in Banská Štiavnica. Apart from the parade celebrating miners and geologists, visitors can look forward to concerts, theatre, exhibitions, and other fun activities for all. More information here (in Slovak only).
29. Aug 2019 at 18:41 | Compiled by Spectator staff