People at Čachtice castle burnt the goddess of winter Morena and welcomed goddess of spring Vesna, who with joy and cheerfulness hurries winter out and brings warmth to gardens, forests and meadows.
“It is great, except the cold, maybe,” said visitor of the castle Tatiana, as quoted by the TASR newswire. “I hope that by burning Morena, Vesna will finally arrive, the weather will be warm and we can go to the castle more often.” More information about this castle can be found in our Trenčín Region Travel Guide.
Summer season will start soon
The summer tourist season at Čachtice castle will officially open on April 11. “We have already prepared a common project, Road for a treasure, which includes the Čachtice, Beckov, and Plavecký castles ,” said castellan Katarína Orthová.
Visitors will collect ducat hidden in the castles. She added that the 2019 season brought a record number of visitors to the castle – more than 68,000.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
9. Mar 2020 at 13:10 | Compiled by Spectator staff