Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to leave all the articles about the coronavirus available for everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
A distillery in Piešťany (Trnava Region) will help produce disinfectant.
The final product will be made from beer donated by the small breweries in the region.
“Beer received from Piešťany-based ŽiWell and Simea is distilled and diluted by hydrogen peroxide, creating a disinfectant,” Maroš Novák from the Distillery Piešťany company said, as quoted by MY Trnava regional newspaper.
The final product is then delivered to retirement homes in Vrbové, Modrová and Moravany nad Váhom, as well as doctors, rescuers, police officers and individuals, Novák said.
They have prepared 125 litres of disinfectant so far, using about 2,500 litres of beer, Novák noted.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- These are the measures currently in place in Slovakia
- How Slovakia prepared for the coronavirus
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Situation update on EU/EEA and the UK as of March 6 morning
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus
1. Apr 2020 at 13:55 | Compiled by Spectator staff