Citizens and visitors of the popular spa town of Piešťany will be able to use at least 120 shared urban bikes as part of the Useful Wheel of Piešťany 2020 project. Discover more of the Trnava region with our guide.
The first 45 blue bikes appeared in stands at the end of May, others to be delivered by the main donor of the project, the Magna Energia company, in June.
“The shared bike service will be offered to cyclists for free, the project to be financed from the income of the ads placed on bikes,” said Dušan Knap from the Institute of the Sustainable Development and Environmentalism, as quoted by the SITA newswire.
This NGO will ensure service, maintenance and the currently needed disinfection of the bikes.
It is possible to rent a bike without any formalities. “The interested person will take a bike from the stand and return it to any stand after riding,” Knap said, as quoted by SITA, adding that they are counting on the fairness of users.
This year there will be not only more bikes, but also more stands for renting or returning. The bikes are monitored with GPS devices and their use is possible only in the area of Piešťany town.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
4. Jun 2020 at 14:05 | Compiled by Spectator staff