Ondrejisko is a massif in the southern part of the National Park Slovenský Raj (Slovak Paradise). Its highest peak, Borovniak, is 1,268 metres above sea level.
A helping hand in the heart of Europe offers for you Slovakia travel guide.
Borovniak is not listed on traditional tourist maps, but Ondrejisko is. This is confusing for many.
At Pod Ondrejiskom (Under Ondrejisko) tourists can find Ondrejisko by hiking towards Borovniak.
The top of Ondrejisko is marked with a wooden cross installed in June 2020 and three benches where visitors can sit back and soak in the gorgeous view of Kráľova Hoľa in the Low Tatras.
The shortest route to Ondrejisko is from the Besník saddle, where visitors can park their cars. Other starting points include the Dobšinská Ice Cave or the village Stratená.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
17. Oct 2020 at 8:35 | Compiled by Spectator staff