Last year, ski resorts and trails were packed with people and excitement in Slovakia.
A helping hand in the heart of Europe offers for you Tatras travel guide.
This season is different. Ski trails are closed and the High and Low Tatras host far fewer people due to the stricter pandemic rules, the TASR newswire reported.
However, some cross country skiers have taken the opportunity to forge new trails in especially snowy areas. They can now enjoy 25 kilometres worth of trails in Štrba and Tatranská Štrba.
Skiers can begin in Štrba at the end of the village towards Važec, near the reservation above Krôn Street. There is also a starting point at Tatranská Štrba from Bellova Street.
Resources for the improvement of cross country skiing trails were donated by the Snow Cross Country Skiing group in Štrbské Pleso. The workers in the group contributed as well.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
9. Feb 2021 at 11:55 | Compiled by Spectator staff