THE BRATISLAVA regional prosecutor's office has dropped criminal charges against two men accused of murdering Robert Remiaš, a key link in the investigation of the kidnapping of the former president’s son, in April 1996.
In 1999, the Slovak police charged Jozef Roháč and Imrich Oláh with the murder of Remiaš. However, Attorney General Dobroslav Trnka told the Markíza TV station On September 18 that the regional prosecutor’s office had finally "decided to halt the prosecution based on a proposal by the police investigator".
According to Trnka, the investigation showed that the two men did not commit the act.
Remiaš was killed by a car bomb. He had been a contact to Oskar Fegyveres, a crown witness in the 1995 kidnapping of Michal Kováč Jr, the Sme daily wrote.
Fegyveres, at the time a Slovak intelligence service (SIS) officer, said that the SIS had been involved in the kidnapping. The SIS also allegedly ordered the Remiaš killing as well.
19. Sep 2006 at 11:10