Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook


PRE-OS to buy SAD Poprad stake

SLOVAK company PRE-OS Poprad is expected to pay Sk70 million ($1.5 million) to acquire a 49 per cent stake in public bus company SAD Poprad. After meeting initial sale terms, the company is expected to buy a further 17 per cent stake from the FNM privatisation agency, bringing the government a total of Sk93.5 million ($2 million) for 66 per cent of the transport company.

Top stories

EU roaming fees to end on June 15 – in theory

Slovak customers still waiting to find out how mobile operators will implement change.

Archaeologist pieces together early history of what is now western Slovakia Photo

For an archaeologist, the most important thing is his most recent rare discovery, says Július Vavák.

Students visited Svätý Jur as part of their European Wanderer project

How to sell Slovak books to English readers

Slovak literature makes it to the big bookstores of London, but it is unlikely to become a bestseller yet.

On Wednesday, Slovak literature will be presented in one of the biggest bookstores in London. Among the new books translated into English is also the anthology of current Slovak prose selected and translated by Magdalena Mullek and Júlia Sherwood.

General Prosecutor filed a motion for the dissolution of ĽSNS

The Slovak Supreme Court received a motion to dissolve the extreme right ĽSNS party founded and led by Marian Kotleba.

Jaromír Čižnár