SERVICE was interrupted for about two hours at the main railway station in Banská Bystrica on August 22 due to a leak of nitric acid.The dangerous chemical was seen trickling from the valve of a cargo wagon, but it was quickly repaired. The situation resulted in no injuries and the station is in full operation again, Ladislav Sikula of the Regional Firemen in Banská Bystrica told ČTK.
Nitric acid is among the worst contact irritants.
1. Sep 2008 at 0:00 | Compiled by Jana Liptáková from press reports