Medina Tours goes bankrupt

The fourth travel agency active in Slovakia to go bankrupt since the beginning of this year is Bratislava-based Medina Tours, which announced its insolvency on August 17. The main reasons cited were problems of its mother company abroad and also the complicated situation in Egypt, which was the agency’s main destination, the TASR newswire reported.

The fourth travel agency active in Slovakia to go bankrupt since the beginning of this year is Bratislava-based Medina Tours, which announced its insolvency on August 17. The main reasons cited were problems of its mother company abroad and also the complicated situation in Egypt, which was the agency’s main destination, the TASR newswire reported.

“The termination of activities and meeting of legitimate claims will take place in close cooperation with European Travel Insurance,” the travel agency said, as quoted by TASR, pointing to its insurance with this company.

Vacationers who are currently abroad will be allowed to finish their trips without any change and enjoy all paid services, including transportation back to their homeland. Those who have not gone on their tour yet can get a full refund, as reported by TASR.

Previously, the agencies Tip Tour, Best Choice and A-Tour went bankrupt, TASR wrote.

Meanwhile, the Slovak Foreign Affairs Ministry issued a recommendation not to travel to Egypt, including holiday resorts, where the situation is still calm. The Slovak consulate in Egypt has not received any request for help or assistance from Slovak vacationers, head of the ministry press department Peter Susko told TASR. He added that the ministry still is monitoring the situation.

Source: TASR

Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports

The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak