The Veľká Fatra mountain range in central Slovakia has many peaks that are worth a visit. One of them is quite inconspicuous and can look like two different peaks. It is called Lysec and it offers great views for those who take the trouble to explore it.
There are several ways to reach its top and you can also hike along the ridge.
- Mountain range: Veľká Fatra
- Starting point: Jasenská Dolina valley
- Time of the circuit: About 5 hours
- The altitude of the peak: 1,381 metres above sea level
To the top – it won’t be easy
If the only aim of the hike is Lysec, the best starting point is Jasenská Dolina valley, a small ski resort near Martin. The parking lot is free and the touristic marks start here.
1. May 2020 at 0:29 | Compiled by Spectator staff