Learn more about interesting places in Slovakia with our Slovakia travel guide.
The Ferrata compound at Skalka close to Kremnica is closed for the public until the end of May.
Ivan Petráš from Mountain Rescue Service Kremnické mountains wrote on Facebook that the prolonged date of closure is due to nature protection – the peregrine falcon is nesting at the location.Related story:Read more
Despite the notice, several visitors with Ferrata equipment still head to the compound. An increased movement of people was spotted also in the part called Trubačova Veža, which disturbs the falcon nesting close to the Ferrata path.
Environmentalists are calling on the public to respect the closure of the compound and not enter it.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
12. May 2020 at 13:25 | Compiled by Spectator staff