Tourists in the area of Rimavská Sobota can look forward to a new attraction. For other interesting tips, check our Spectacular Slovakia travel guide.
The new educative path starts near a pond in Vyšný Skálnik which ends at a 16-metre-high lookout tower at the top of a locality called Maginhrad.
A helping hand in the heart of Europe offers for you Slovakia travel guide.
The educative path is lined by informative noticeboards and wooden sculptures.
“The educative path has been under construction since 2012,” said Zuzana Študencová, head of the Microregion Rimava and Rimavica, as quoted by the TASR newswire. She added that the whole project cost €75,000 and many volunteers participated.
Inspiration for a poet
The educative path is 6.5-kilometre-long, has 12 stops and from the lookout tower it is possible to see the whole region, Študencová added.
Maginhrad Hill in Rimavská Sobota county is not one of the better known Slovak hills, but several legends are tied to it and it was also the inspiration for Slovak poet Ján Botto.
He was born in Vyšný Skálnik and the hill, at a height of 430 metres, was a key motif for his pieces, Legend of Maginhrad and Myth of Maginhrad. Both poems were inspired by older folk/fairy-tales and legends.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
10. Oct 2020 at 10:23 | Compiled by Spectator staff