The winter closure of hiking and educational trails started on November 1. The reason for the annual seasonal closure in Tatra National Park (TANAP) is prevailingly the protection of rare species of fauna and flora and the protection of nature.
Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
Hikers are advised to double-check their planned route. The closure applies mainly to higher altitudes. For example, all mountain chalets will stay open, the only exception being the chalet under the Rysy peak.
Most of the routes will reopen on June 15.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
1. Nov 2020 at 9:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff