Several media outlets reported on January 17 that there had been a potential leak of dangerous substances at the construction site on the R7 dual-carriageway stretch between Blatná na Ostrove and Lehnice (Trnava Region).
However, neither firefighters nor the employees of the Chemical Control Laboratories measured any dangerous substances in the air.
At the same time, the health problems of workers have not been confirmed either, said spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Corps Presidium (HaZZ) Zuzana Farkasová.
“This is why both the employees and firefighters are now vacating the site,” said Mária Linkešová, spokesperson for the regional police corps directorate in Trnava, as quoted by the Sme daily, adding that police officers, rescuers and workers were also allowed to leave.

The police will now check whether a crime such as scaremongering has been committed.
“It seems like a false alarm,” Transport Minister Árpád Érsek (Most-Híd), who visited the spot, wrote on Facebook. However, he stressed that when it comes to human life, nothing should be underestimated.
None taken to hospital
The original reports suggested that there were about 16 people having health problems, with some of them losing consciousness and bleeding from the nose. Twelve of them were to be taken to hospital, but this has not happened.
“None of the allegedly contaminated people have been transported to hospital,” said Alena Krčová, spokesperson for the Emergency Medical Service Operational Centre, as quoted by Sme. “All of them were examined and have no health problems.”