Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

State considers prolonging support for e-cars

By the end of October, 429 applicants showed interest in a subsidy for purchasing electric cars.

The Economy Ministry led by Peter Žiga considers prolonging the subsidy for e-cars. (Source: TASR)

The state introduced subsidies for electro-mobiles one year ago. The scheme was originally supposed to be valid until the end of this year, or until all the money allocated had been used, the Sme daily wrote on November 8.

Now, as this deadline expires, cabinet considers prolonging the subsidy scheme for electro-mobiles and plug-in hybrid cars with an additional combustion engine for yet another term, the Economy Ministry led by Peter Žiga (Smer) said.

“Due to the fact that not all the financial resources have been drawn yet, we consider the possibility of them being used even after this deadline,” ministry spokesperson Maroš Stano informed, as cited by Sme.

The state allocated a total of €5.2 million last year for the support of electro-mobility. Of this amount, €5 million came from the State Recycling Fund and €200,000 from the private Automotive Industry Association (ZAP).

Clients can receive a subsidy of €5,000 for a new solely electrically powered car, and €3,000 for a new plug-in hybrid car, with an additional combustion engine.

Of the total original sum, more that €1.8 million was drawn. The interest in these cars was presented by 429 applicants; of them, 264 applied for an electric car and 165 for a plug-in hybrid vehicle.

Thanks to the subsidy, clients were able to purchase, for example, Nissan Leaf, Volkswagen e-Up!; but also several Porsche Cayenne and Panamera cars. The Volkswagen e-UP! model is produced in Slovakia, including all parts and the assembly.

ZAP is happy with the subsidies.

“All possible tools to boost sales, especially on a price-sensitive market as the Slovak one, must be sought,” said Ján Pribula, secretary general of ZAP, as quoted by the daily.

Topic: Automotive

Top stories

She faced Russian tanks in 1968. Today, she protests again Photo

There are no tanks pointing at us today, says Mária Homolková, who joined protests in SNP Square once again in March 2018 to secure a better life for her grandchildren.

Thousands of people returned to the streets Photo

Though the main Bratislava protest was cancelled, people attended other gatherings, expressing their disagreement with the current situation.

SNP Square in Bratislava, March 23

Kiska appoints Pellegrini cabinet

The president approved the new government, despite some reservations. The new PM promises to investigate the murder of the journalist and his fiancée.

Peter Pellegrini's government

There is still work to be done

2018 is not a re-run of 1989, but there is a connection.

Bratislava, March 16