The spa town of Trenčianske Teplice is situated in the western part of Slovakia, 15 km northeast of the regional capital Trenčín. It lies at the foot of the Strážovské vrchy hills in the Teplička river valley 272 meters above sea-level. The Hungarian novelist of the 19th century, Mór Jókai, named this spot the "Pearl of the Carpathian Mountains" because of its beauty.
Trenčianske Teplice is a significant Slovak health resort with ideal conditions for the treatment of all cases of degenerative rheumatic diseases (arthrosis, especially coxarthrosis), chronic inflammation, muscular and extra-articular rheumatism, chronic neuralgia caused by degenerative changes of the spine and intervertebral disks (sciatica and plate syndromes), post-operative and post-traumatic rehabilitation and restoring mobility to the joints.
The sulphur thermal springs in the local health resort have excellent qualities, inevitably leading to successful therapy:
- the thermal springs pour directly into the pools, which enables bathing in the original thermal water without any changes,
- the optimal temperature of the thermal water for the human body is 37 - 40,2 °C,
- there is a high content of hydrogen sulfide 5 mg/l, the total mineralisation is 2900 mg/l, which provides an excellent medical effect,
- the age of the thermal water was discovered to be 2500 by carbon method, a guarantee of its ecological purity.
The wellness and spa Hotel Flóra***
This hotel has an attractive location. It is situated in the cutural centre of Trenčianske Teplice, next to the spa park and hall. There is a forest behind the hotel, while the Teplička river flows in front. The hotel is surrounded by lush greenery, giving the hotel its chracteristic name. The distance between the hotel and hot thermal pools is only 350 m.
The hotel provides accommodation in 12 single rooms, 44 double rooms, 3 double apartments (small, large and business) and 2 four-bed family apartments. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, separate toilet, sattelite TV, radio and direct-dial telephone, WiFi, a safe and dressing-gown. The apartments also have a mini-fridge. Most of the rooms have a balcony with a nice view of the natural surroundings. The total capacity of the hotel is 114 beds and 18 extra beds.
Dining is offered in the air-conditioned Flóra restaurant, which features a summer terrace and the Festival Café with internet access. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast and choose from 3 menus during lunch and dinner. There is even a salad buffet.
Hotel Flóra provides facilities for conferences, seminars, trainings and business meetings. Futhermore, it offers an air-conditioned conference hall for 70 persons, a lounge for 20 persons and a business apartment for 8-15 persons. Equipment and accessories are also provided for trainings.
Spa & medical treatment
The Flóra Hotel is a private health facility for physiatry, balneology and healing rehabilitation. The guests have a wide selection of medical treatments, including mechanotherapy, hydrotherapy, balneotherapy, electrotherapy, phototherapy and thermotherapy. The following medical treatments, supervised by the resident physiotherapists and the doctor directly at the hotel, are available:
- classical massage
- reflex massage
- foot reflex massage
- underwater massage
- manual lymphatic drainage
- mechanical lymphatic drainage
- cosmetic lymphatic drainage
- honey detox massage
- massage with lava stones
- Dorn method Breuss massage
- Shiatsu – Japanese massage
- Thai massage
- Ayurveda – Indian massage with oil
- Champi – Indian head massage
- Tuina – Chinese acupressure massage
- vacuum massage
- bubble bath with supplement of herbs and salts
- peat wrap
- mineral mud wrap Ahava
- interferrential and diadynamics currents, ultrasound
- bioptron lamp
- aqua aerobic
Wellness and sport
The beautiful wellness, pool and sauna complex in Flóra is composed of the following:
- pool complex with an indoor swimming pool (15,5 x 8 m) and sitting pool (11,5 x 2,5 m) along with water attractions (countercurrent flow, waterfall, massage jets, floor geyser, water seats and water beds)
- sauna world with salt steam bath, herbal inhalation, finnish sauna, tepidarium and water road
- fitness room
Sport, leisure and culture
The guests can use directly at the hotel:
- well-equipped fitness room
- mountain bike rental
- tennis rackets and ball rental
The relaxing environment of the spa town is the perfect place to participate in many different activities such as hiking, cycling, tennis, mini golf, bowling, horse riding and fishing.
The town of Trenčianske Teplice enjoys a rich cultural life. Every year, the oldest international festival of classical music in central Europe "Hudobné leto" (Musical Summer) takes place here. There are also several concerts here during the summer. Due to its location, the spa town Trenčianske Teplice is considered a good starting point to visit nearby places of interest.
Hotel Flóra organised the following sightseeing tours during the summer season:
- Small Carpathians Wine Tour
- Bratislava – The Capital of Slovakia
- Vysoké Tatry – The Smallest of the Alpine Mountains in the World
- Malá Fatra – Tradition is Living on the Rafts
- Topoľčianky – Experience not only for Horse Lovers
- Arborétum Mlyňany – Exotic Plants and Flowers from all over the World
- Čachtice – Following the Footsteps of Bloody Lady
- Trenčín – Pearl of Považie Region
- Čičmany and Rajecká Lesná – The Jewels of the Folk Architecture
- Bojnice – Fairy-Tale Castle
- Trenčín – The Nocturnes
The wide offer of hotel services is complemented by the parking area with a barrier, controlled by a camera system, along with internet access, a hotel safe, exchange office, laundry, a secretary and information services. There are two lifts at the hotel.
The Hotel Flóra became the centre of an international film festival Art Film. The Artfilm Film Festival was first held in 1993 in the town of Trenčianske Teplice. It is the longest continuously running international film festival in Slovakia. Famous artists such as Jean-Paul Belmondo, Sophia Loren, Franco Nero, Catherine Deneuve, Ornella Muti, Gina Lollobrigida, Geraldine Chaplin, Annie Girardot, Michele Placido, Nastassja Kinski, Jozef Króner, Jana Brejchová, Jiří Menzel, Václav Havel, Karel Gott and others have visited Hotel Flóra during the festival´s history.
In 2016, 23 years after its founding, the festival relocated to Košice, Slovakia’s second largest city.
For more information, visit www.hotelflora.sk
5. Nov 2018 at 6:00