Bratislava airport, the eighth best airport in eastern Europe, launched its summer flight schedule on April 1.
People can already fly to Eindhoven in the Netherlands as the connection renewed after the winter break. The only flight connection to the Netherlands is scheduled to fly twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays. In addition, flights to the popular summer destination of Malaga in Spain were launched on April 1.
“For the first time in history, passengers can also take a regular flight to the Turkish destination of Antalya,” said Bratislava airport's General Director Jozef Pojedinec, as quoted in a press release.
Low-cost airline Smartwings will operate the flight 14 times a week starting May 30, Pojedinec added. Passengers can also fly to the Turkish destination of Dalaman every Thursday from the beginning of April.
Turkey is the most popular summer destination for people using the airport's services, with 150,000 Slovaks flying to Antalya every year.
Altogether, there will be 47 flights to 41 destinations in 18 countries included in the summer schedule.
Kiev grows more popular
Flights to Lviv and Kiev-Borispil in Ukraine, launched at the end of 2018, are growing in popularity. Kiev is the third most popular destination after London and Dublin.
Two different airliners will also fly this summer to the six same destinations from Bratislava airport, namely to Bourgas, Larnaca, Corfu, Mallorca, Kiev and London.
New carrier Cyprus Airways will offer flights to Larnaca from June 8. Smartwings will operate on the same route. Together, they will service Larnaca seven times a week from Bratislava.
2,800 charter flights planned
In summer 2019, Ryanair will operate the highest number of flights (26) from Bratislava, followed by Smartwings (11) and Wizz Air (5). In addition, Air Cairo, flydubai, Pobeda and Cyprus Airways will offer few flights.
“From June until September/October, roughly 2,800 charter flights are scheduled during the summer season, from June until September/October,” Pojedinec said, as quoted in the press release.
Passengers can thus visit destinations in Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Spain, Israel, Albany and Cape Verdes.
Scheduled flights from the Bratislava airport in summer 2019
- Belgium: Brusel-Charleroi (Ryanair), 4x a week
- Bourgas (Ryanair), 1x a week
- Bourgas (Smartwings), 8x a week
- Sofia (Wizz Air), 3 x, alt. 4x weekly
- Larnaca (Cyprus Airways), 2x a week
- Larnaca (Smartwings), 5x a week
- Paphos (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Hurghada (Air Cairo), 4x a week
- Sharm El Sheikh (Air Cairo), 1x a week
- France: Paris-Beauvais (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Athens (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Heraklion (Smartwings), 6x a week
- Corfu (Ryanair), 1x a week
- Corfu (Smartwings), 2x a week
- Thessaloniki (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Rhodes (Smartwings), 7x a week
- Zakynthos (Smartwings), 3x a week
- Ireland: Dublin (Ryanair), 7x a week
- Alghero (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Bologna (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Catania (Smartwings), 3x a week
- Lamezia Terme (Smartwings), 2x a week
- Milan-Bergamo (Ryanair), 4x a week
- Olbia (Smartwings), 3x a week
- Rome-Ciampino (Ryanair), 3x a week
- Macedonia: Skopje (Wizz Air), 3x, alt. 4x a week
- Malta: Malta (Ryanair), 2x week
- Netherlands: Eindhoven (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Russia: Moscow-Vnukovo (Pobeda), 7x a week, alt. 3x a week
- Serbia: Niš (Ryanair), 2x a week
- United Arab Emirates: Dubaj (flydubai), 3x a week
- Barcelona-Gerona (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Madrid (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Malaga (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Palma de Mallorca (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Palma de Mallorca (Smartwings), 3x a week
- Dalaman (Ryanair), 1x a week
- Antalya (Smartwings), 14x a week
- Kiev-Zhuliany (Wizz Air), 4x a week
- Kiev-Boryspiľ (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Lviv (Wizz Air), 3x a week
- United Kingdom:
- Birmingham (Ryanair), 3x a week
- Edinburgh (Ryanair), 2x a week
- Manchester (Ryanair), 3x a week
- Leeds-Bradford (Ryanair), 2x a week
- London-Luton (Wizz Air), 6x a week
- London-Stansted (Ryanair), 11x a week