Mountain resorts Jasná and the High Tatras are closed. Company Tatry Mountain Resort closed its hotels, restaurants, cable cars and shops for two weeks in connection with the preventive measures against the spread of COVID-19.
Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
“We realise how serious the situation is. We can handle it only with a common responsible attitude,” said director of mountain resort High Tatras Dušan Slavkovský, as quoted by the TASR newswire. “That’s why we decided to cancel our operations for a given time,” he added.
The situation will not please lovers of autumn hiking as these resorts remain among the most popular due to their stable weather and natural scenery.
Cable cars shut down too
In the High Tatras, the limitations apply to cable cars and the operation of resorts Tatranská Lomnica, Starý and Nový Smokovec, Štrbské Pleso and accommodation facilities Grandhotel Praha, Grandhotel Starý Smokovec and Hotel FIS.Read more
In Jasná, limitations apply to all cable cars and the operation of the resort and accommodation facilities Hotel Grand Jasná, Hotel Pošta, Tri studničky, Hotel Srdiečko, and Hotel Rotunda.
Accommodation facilities could reopen on November 8. Cable cars and services in the resort could resume operation on November 5 if the situation is more favourable.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
26. Oct 2020 at 11:27 | Compiled by Spectator staff