The city is preparing its investment plan for 2021. It wants to use around three million euros from its own sources. Including the European funds and state taxes, the investment money should reach an additional four million euros as written in the daily Spiš Korzár newspaper.
The renovation plan includes fixing the roads and walking paths as well as revitalizing the biggest interior block. A new roundabout will also be added.
Walking paths will be renovated on Mýtna, Hviezdoslavova, Garbiarska, SNP, Továrenská and in Podsadok.
Another project includes changing the entrance to the city from Poprad.
"This will include building a new roundabout, but mainly connecting Popradská and Továrenská Streets, which will improve the entrance to the industry zone and become the basis for the continuance of the northwest ring road" claims City Hall.
New playgrounds and a fountain for the inner city block
This space should become more lively once new playgrounds, walking paths and greenery are installed. A new fountain should be built as well.
New waste collection locations are planned for 2021 with a budget of 50,000 euros. This could allow for six to seven new waste collection locations.
The local government wants to include more parking spaces for its population. It added that the vision for the city will be discussed at a workshop attended by architects, monument keepers and other experts who will discuss future plans for the city.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
27. Jan 2021 at 11:46 | Compiled by Spectator staff