Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Health Ministry refuses to comment on minister’s alleged resignation plans

The Health Ministry is refusing to comment on reports that Health Minister Ivan Valentovič (a Smer-SD nominee) is planning to resign from his post. “The Health Ministry won't comment on media speculation,” ministry spokesperson Silvia Horváthová said on May 27. A report about Valentovič's alleged departure plans appeared in the financial daily Hospodárske Noviny on Tuesday, May 27. The paper stated that it had been told by an unnamed senior Smer representative that Valentovič would resign on June 10 for “personal reasons”. The Smer party presidium has reportedly made a clear decision on the matter. “We won't entertain any speculation,” the TASR newswire was told by Smer spokesperson Katarína Kližanová-Rýsová. Valentovič is currently on an official visit to Israel. According to the daily, the main candidate to replace him is the current director of Bratislava Faculty Hospital, Richard Raši. TASR

The Health Ministry is refusing to comment on reports that Health Minister Ivan Valentovič (a Smer-SD nominee) is planning to resign from his post. “The Health Ministry won't comment on media speculation,” ministry spokesperson Silvia Horváthová said on May 27.

A report about Valentovič's alleged departure plans appeared in the financial daily Hospodárske Noviny on Tuesday, May 27. The paper stated that it had been told by an unnamed senior Smer representative that Valentovič would resign on June 10 for “personal reasons”. The Smer party presidium has reportedly made a clear decision on the matter. “We won't entertain any speculation,” the TASR newswire was told by Smer spokesperson Katarína Kližanová-Rýsová. Valentovič is currently on an official visit to Israel. According to the daily, the main candidate to replace him is the current director of Bratislava Faculty Hospital, Richard Raši. TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Historically first ex-ministers were sentenced for the bulletin-board tender

Former construction ministers of the SNS party have received years in prison for the scandal surrounding the infamous bulletin-board tender. The other three defendants, ministry officers, have been acquitted.

L-R: Marian Janušek is ianugurated as replacing Igor Štefanov in post of construction minister, April 2009.

Refurbishment of Trnavské Mýto has started

The facelift of the underpass crossing should be completed by summer. Fate of nearby Istropolis still not known

Reconstruction of Trnavské Mýto underpass started.

Europe will continue fighting dual quality products

The recent Bratislava summit raised some suggestions on solving the problem, but it will be a long process.

Yeme grocery store in Bratislava.

The chairman of the committee tasked to improve tax returns has problems himself

The newly set-up committee meant to prepare a law on the more detailed property disclosures of politicians is headed by ex-minister Martin Glváč from Smer, who is refusing to publish details of his assets.

L-R: Martin Glváč and Andrej Danko