The Financial Administration has uncovered the biggest illegal cigarette producing plant in central Europe. They discovered three illegal factories, millions of illegal cigarettes and lots of tobacco in a village in the Trnava Region.
47 people have been arrested, the TASR newswire reported.
What the FS SR discovered during the raid
Veľké Kostoľany (Trnava Region)
- 3 illegal production and packaging lines for cigarettes
- 1 line for processing of raw tobacco leaves
- 21,719 kg of tobacco
- 12,648,879 cigarettes (without a Slovak control label)
- 322 wood palettes of components for cigarette production (filters, packets, etc.)
Source: FS SR
“The Financial Administration has been successful in its interventions in the illegal production and sale of tobacco products on several occasions this year,” said Lenka Wittenbergerová, head of the Financial Administration, as quoted by TASR.
10. Oct 2019 at 23:15 (modified at 17. Oct 2019 at 15:51) | Compiled by Spectator staff