Good evening. Here is the Tuesday, May 30 edition of Today in Slovakia - the main news of the day in less than five minutes.
Largest firms that help search for jobs or employees
The ranking of HR companies in Slovakia is topped by the company INDEX NOSLUŠ, which is strong in the field of personnel leasing.
More stories from The Slovak Spectator website
- Food: Pulled strudel is more than just a dessert. See how a Slovak babička prepares strudel, which is a recipe about connection.
- News: Bratislavans do not like the new city lightning, nor does a Czech expert.
- Travel: More than 2,000 people created a live chain in central Slovakia. Have a look.
- Culture: Three good news stories from Slovakia for this week include a kind-hearted farmer.
- Advertorial: Changes to two Slovak laws may lead to an increased number of Blue Card applicants in Slovakia.
If you like what we are doing and want to support good journalism, buy our online subscription with no ads and a print copy of The Slovak Spectator sent to your home in Slovakia. Thank you.
FEATURE STORY FOR TUESDAY
Failed 'adventurous' plans have kept Bratislava borough in forced administration for years
However, even forced administration is not helping the municipality get rid of its debts, currently amounting to almost €12 million. Can a new bill save Devín?
EVENT FOR THE WEEKEND
Slovakia to celebrate parks and gardens
In other news
- After two months of improvement, the economic sentiment in Slovakia deteriorated slightly again in May, the Statistics Office said. Optimism from the previous month was preserved only by entrepreneurs in services.
- The Ukrainian restaurant group !FЕST Holding will open its first bar in the centre of Bratislava. It will be called Piana Vyshnia (Drunken Sour Cherry). (Index)
- Slovaks are most concerned about rising prices (82 percent), the state of the Slovak health care (81 percent) and the current political situation (79 percent), the latest poll "How Are You, Slovakia" shows. Fears of the war conflict in Ukraine fell to 66.1 percent.
WEATHER FOR WEDNESDAY: Clear skies. The highest daytime temperature will hike to 28°C. Light breeze. (SHMÚ)
Thank you for subscribing and reading. It means a lot to us.
P.S. If you have suggestions on how our news overview can be improved, you can reach us at email@example.com.